msxDS is a MSX / MSX 2 / MSX2+ home computer standard emulator for the Nintendo DS / DS Lite / DSi console.
msxDS is based on fmsxDS v.0.07 from Nyagosu but since then, several bugfixes and improvements have been added. Moreover, emulation has become much faster.
Version 0.94 (2012-08-29)
- Fixed a stack overflow that made the emulator unstable.
- Fixed a state save bug with megarom mapped in 16 KB.
- Supports up to 1024 files (ROM, DSK and CAS) in each folder.
- Compiled with devkitARM r41, libFAT 1.0.11 and libnds 1.5.6+.
- The folder image is no longer displayed if it's already displayed.
- The /Pics folder and file names beginning with a dot are no longer displayed in files list.
Version 0.93 (2012-01-01)
- Fixed a small bug in the save state.
- Improved speed of screen10 and screen12 modes.
Version 0.92 (2011-12-26)
- Fixed FM-PAC mapper (SRAM included).
- Fixed Game-Master 2 mapper (SRAM included).
- Fix the Kanji ROM driver size.
- Improved display of screen10 and screen12 modes.
- Compiled with devkitARM r36 et libnds 1.5.4+.
- Ability to display on the top screen the MSX software media image corresponding to the selected file. (Cartridge, floppy disk and tape)
Version 0.91 (2011-09-24)
- New management of buttons that allows to configure X and Y. (Push Y to use the radio in Metal Gear)
- Fixed the VDP status register 4.
- Adding the options menu.
- The using the paddle controller is possible with your softwares.
- Added ASCII paddle controller emulation. (used in Break Out)
- Fixed LDIR & LDDR instructions of the z80. (Goody, etc, work now)
- Taking into account of CE bit of the status register 2 of VDP before a disk access. (Improved compatibility with floppy disks.) (Undeadline, Fray, etc, work fine now)
Version 0.90 (2011-06-12)
- Display engine optimization. (Thanks to Pixador for the suggestion for sprites)
- Improved MSX1 VDP registers emulation.
- Some optimizations in sound and Z80 emulation.
- Added R register emulation of Z80.
- Update libnds (v1.5.0). Now MsxDS supports the DSI mode of CycloDS iEvo.
- New ITCM memory management to put the most useful routines according to selected MSX mode.
- Fixed colors values of screen 8 mode.
- Fixed bug of color 0.
- Added Key mapping to L,R for Angma Jidae - Devil zone (Uttum Soft). (ROM versions)
- Fixed bug in error messages.
- Updated Carts.crc file.
- Fixed a SCC detection problem for games in ROM.
Version 0.89 (2011-03-13)
- Fixed the colors table for sprites of Screen 8 mode.
- Fixed bug in the Z80 of the 0.88 version. (Ikari Warrior)
- Fixed values cycles of z80 instructions. (Retaliot, Seleniak and Sweet Acorn work fine now)
- Fixed vblank interrupts register.
- Added a frame limiter (the games that ran too fast, works with good speed now.)
- Automatic disabling of disk controller for Nausicaa in order to avoid having to press Shift at boot. (ROM version only)
Version 0.88 (2010-12-25)
- Z80 emulation code optimization.
- Added Arkanoid paddle controller emulation.
- Added Key mapping to L,R for following games (ROM versions only.): Borfes to 5-nin no Akuma (L/R= ESC), Caos Begins (L=F1, R=F2), Dragon Slayer 4 (L=ESC, R=RET), Higemaru Makaijima (L/R= F1), Hi no Tori (L=F2, R=F3), King kong 2 (L/R=F2), The Maze of Galious (L/R=F1), The Treasure of USAS (L=F1, R=F2), Xorz (A=SPACE, B=m) and Yaksa (L=F1, R=F2).
Version 0.87 (2010-12-11)
- Updated Carts.crc file for several megarom from Spain (CAS converted to ROM), etc.
- The LED of CAP and Kana keys are now truly emulated.
- Added mouse emulation.
- F2,F3 Key mapping to L,R trigger for Metal Gear. (ROM versions only.)
- Using the Z80 emulation source code of fMSX v.3.51.
- Z80 emulation code optimization.
- Fixed bug of color 0 in the save state.
- User's manual to PDF.
Version 0.86 (2010-09-18)
- Added scrolling file names with the stylus.
- Now we must do a double-tap on the save-state icon.
- Modified the routine of collision of MSX1 sprites for Pitfall II.
- Small improvement of the UI.
- MSX2 mode by default (because it is faster than the MSX2+ mode).
- Fixed some bugs in the patch the ROM disk. (Improved DSK images support.)
- SCC+ emulation (for SD Snatcher, Konami Game collections, etc...).
- Fixed of the screen12 color contour which was managed like the screen8.
- Removal of some useless display conditions. (msxDS is still a bit faster!)
Version 0.85 (2010-08-22)
- Added many crc32 of megarom from Korea.
- Fixed 32KB ROM mirrors.
- Rewrote sprites routines. (full emulation)
- Super Pierrot mapper support.
- Some small fix in the megaroms mappers routines.
- Fixed status register 0 of VDP in MSX1 mode. (Zaxxon published by Electric Software works.)
- Added Kanji BASIC support. (The a1wxkdr.rom file is now required.)
- MSX2+ logo is displayed.
- Use of TCM memory for several graphics routines. (msxDS is a bit faster!)
- Double-tap on a file name to select it (and close the window).
- Use of L and R triggers for 'Fire Ball' and 'Roller Ball' pinballs. (ROM versions only)
Version 0.84 (2010-06-25)
- Fixed a small bug in the keyboard.
- Added Kanji ROM support. You can also input Kanjis in BASIC by loading the kanji driver ROM (CRC32: B4FC574D/32KB) into SLOT 1 or 2.
- Added emulation clock (RTC).
- Improved ROM support. The Carts.crc file is required for some megaroms.
Version 0.83 (2010-05-26)
- Fixed a bug in the management of background color for screen 0 mode.
- Added tape emulation. Support CAS files with fMSX-DOS format.
- Usually, to load a game tape, select a file CAS with the tape icon and turn on the MSX with SHIFT pressed until the sound "Beep" and then enter RUN"CAS: or BLOAD"CAS:",R or CLOAD in Basic.
- Improved keyboard.
- Improved folders management.
Version 0.82 (2010-05-10)
- Compiled with devkitARM r30 and Libnds 1.4.3+.
- Fixed a bug in the management of color 0 for screen 6 mode.
- Added a filter to improve display quality of high resolution modes.
- Implemented three sound modes (PSG at 40Khz, PSG+SCC at 22Khz, PSG+FM at 8Khz).
- Fixed the path of instant save file (was saved by mistake to the root).
- The selection of cartridges, MSX type and sound mode is blocked when the MSX is turned ON.
- Improved change of display mode.
Version 0.81 (2010-03-21)
- MsxDS no longer crashes after MSX reboots.
- Scrolling of file name selected when it goes out of the frame.
- Memorization of location of last opened folder.
Version 0.8 (2010-03-03)
Already 3 years that I had not coded it. This year I am pleased to finally offer an update with many changes which are not all visible to the user but necessary. This is main changes.
- Compiled with devkitARM r27 and libnds 1.4.0.
- Using of the libfifo optimised by Cooper.
- New sound routine (It's more clean & faster).
- Loader window is bigger and more convenient.
Version 0.7+ (2007-09-19)
- Add MSX2+ scrolling.
- Loader rewritten.
- Improved sprites.
- New icons.
- Add screens modes.
fmsxDS by Nyagosu
PenkoDS by redbug
fmsx by Marat Fayzullin